- Tema, Ghana
- April 19, 2022
Mr. Benjamin Twum is a results-oriented and dedicated person with 16years’ experience and functional expertise in Banking and Non-Bank Financial Services in the following areas Human Resources, Administration Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Business Development, Credit Risk, and Operations, Project Management, Strategic Management, and Compliance.
• Evaluate and verify employees’ performance through review of the target as was signed with the respective managers
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to govern the operations of the company
• Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture by ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
• Ensure effective recruitment, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
• Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
• Developing bankable Business Plans and Proposals for Clients to access funding and sales of their products. Monitor and analyze current market conditions for clients in order to give them up to speed on current market trends. Development of Risk Register as well as Products Development (FMCG, Manufacturing companies, Fintech, and other Financial Services Products)
• Assisting companies in developing and implementing promotion and activation of products. For instance, working with an Agency to do Total Ghana’s product activation throughout Ghana.
• Help Companies fashion out their strategic objectives, vision, and mission as well as assist companies to establish policies that promote company culture and vision. Development of Sales and other Operational Manuals, including and not limited to Processes and Procedures.
• Contributed to the development and refinement of Atomz vision and strategy Supported the overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure the organization maximizes its short, medium, and long-term profitability and shareholder returns liaise with other executive heads on the implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans
• Developed, reviewed, and report on the business development division’s strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by all Managers and Staff. Develop and implement a Client acquisition and retention plan through well-taught presentations, complaint handling, and training
• Management, monitoring, reporting, and communicating in regard to financial and physical resources, administration, and budgeting. Develop the operational manual for the company that tracks the processes and procedures on how to collect every aspect of revenue in the Districts (MMDAs). Preparation of annual budget as well as ensuring that targets are achieved in line with agreed Performance Indicators. Prepares and cascades Key Performance Indicators (Performance Development) to Managers and ensures that they are implemented the later.
• Development of measurement methodology relating to different products and exposures. Adjudication on credit and investment proposals. Develop strategies to ensure effective customer service and retention.
• Support development of risk strategy for endorsement by the Board and its ongoing monitoring. Develop, implement, review and update operations policies and procedures. Implement, maintain and manage an effective system of controls throughout the company, covering non-financial. Develop strategies to ensure portfolio quality and also to ensure that a much more resilient strategy is developed in the area of loan recovery.
• Develop policies and procedures in the following areas Customer Service Management, Operations Policies, and AML & KYC. Develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy that takes into consideration the overall business objectives. As part of the overall marketing and corporate affairs strategy, ensure to protect and promote the brand of Forms Capital Limited.
• Responsible for internal and external communications as well as employee engagement. Ensure to develop and implement the appropriate relationships with key media and also responsible for crisis communications. Responsible to develop and lead marketing campaigns as well as managing campaign materials. Ensure that all campaigns and marketing materials are consistent with Puma Energy branding guidelines
• Undertake market research and intelligence on customers, analyzing their needs and making strategic decisions about product design, promotions, and covering competitors’ product and sales strategies. Development of new products and business lines that meet changing market needs and create value for the company. In view of this, I have developed new products tailored to meet the needs of our clients.
• Develop a budget, and regularly reports actual performance to the budget, with variance analyses and revised projections. Monitoring sales and expense performance, and initiating corrective action where necessary. Recruiting, training, and motivating all new entrants to fully understand our products and procedures as well as management of staff within the department
• Develop a comprehensive events plan for the company and ensure that up and coming events have the needed sponsors and it’s effectively sold to sponsors and the audience
• Drove and delivered exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting the Bank’s Most Valued Retail clients through the holding of presentations and meetings on retail trade products, designed to meet their financial needs. Maintenance of sales performance statistics, database, and analysis of trade market for management information.
• Responsible for the sale of the assets and liabilities of the branch i.e loans and accounts respectively. Further designed and delivered the training needs of the Sales personnel (Lead Generators or Sales Executive) at the branch. Developed and implemented strategies for effective customer service, tracking and resolving issues that fall out to their logical conclusions.
Operations Manager – Maamobi Direct Sales Team
• I was to ensure that customers’ accounts opened (Personal or SME) meet the required standard of the bank. I was responsible for detecting fraud during the account opening process and reporting to the Financial Crime Unit of the Bank. I was also responsible for developing measures to prevent fraud during the customer take-on process.
• Also I head the account processing unit of Maamobi Direct Sales Centre. Thus manage a team of 28 Customer Team Leaders and Retail Support in the Centre and additionally deputize for my KYC and Administrative Manager as well as 85 Direct Sales Agents.
• Developed and executed an efficient logistics management system to ensure stock availability at all times in the right quantity. Conducted training needs assessment for the entire Sales Team and provide solutions to address knowledge, skills, and behavior gaps identified.
Customer Team Leader - Ridge Towers Direct Sales Team
• I appraised credit from both personal and SMEs before they are credited. Acted as an enabler to the Sales team under supervision by providing them with the tools and information to optimize sales. Developed and implemented new business strategies and tactics to achieve set targets. Discuss and finalize performance development plans and ratings for all team members.
• Monitored the end-to-end account opening and ensure they are done within the turnaround time. Reviewed account utilization/drawdown as well as attrition levels on a monthly basis. Compiled MI on team performance including accuracy of applications, quality of applications, and sales performance. Used the feedback to coach and guide team members and provide summary feedback to the Head of Sales.
• Responsible for the management, computation, and monitoring of direct cost of 3500 Direct Sales Agents nationwide.
Customer Advisor - Circle Branch Responsibilities:
• Market Development, Management, and Maintenance of Retail clientele in specific segmented markets through presentations and meetings on Retail Products tailored for their needs and offering investments advice.
• I have also been a branch cashier where I accept and pay money and cheques to respective customers. Also responsible for the branch’s Fixed Deposit campaign, Treasury Bills processing, Processing of customers’ salaries and general inquiries and also worked as a personal banker operations officer.