Descriptif du poste
- Prepare service for three (3) daily meals; Buffet Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Prepare baked goods and desserts from scratch.
- Develop menus that reflect site preferences and dietary restrictions.
- Maintain sufficient food inventory for site resident numbers.
- Implement and execute a Food Safety Plan using advanced HACCP recording methods.
- Order, received, and properly store grocery orders.
- Liaise with grocers for quality, quantity and back orders.
- Maintain a well-organized and clean food storage area.
- Ensure the “first in first out” rotation procedures to support food inventory control.
- Execute safe food storage and labeling of potential food allergy items.
- Participate in daily toolbox meetings.
- Provide facility orientation to incoming kitchen staff.
- Conduct monthly worksite and kitchen facility inspections to ensure health and safety of workspace.
- Ensure kitchen staff performs tasks according to safe work practices and safe job procedures.
- Report any unsafe conditions and/or equipment to Camp Manager.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the work area at all times.
- Provide coaching and training to kitchen staff.
- Maintain a high performing, team orientated and productive work environment.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years working in a remote camp as a First Cook.
- Management, organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Highly motivated, team-oriented individual with attention to detail.
- Ability to work a rotation schedule.
- Physical ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Able to lift and move heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform physical labor.
- Able to maintain a high level of performance over a 10 – 12 hour shift.
Preferred Licensing & Certifications:
- OFA3 or EMR
- Food Safe Handling Certificate and WHMIS Certificate.
- Culinary Diploma and/or Red Seal Designation preferred
- Previous experience working in a remote camp setting.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at . Please note that references and a criminal record check is mandatory for this position.
Powered by JazzHR